(1) The competition is open to entries from schools located in England, Scotland and Wales. NOTE: Work done by children at home and in their own gardens during the Summer Term 2020 lockdown, or in the event of a further lockdown in the 2020-21 academic year IS eligible to be entered.
(2) The closing date for receipt of entries is 10.00am on 4 May 2021.
(3) Judging will take place by 28 May 2021 and will be carried out by a panel which includes judges from Total and YPTE.
(4) All winners will be informed of their success by 7 June 2021.
(5) The competition is open to any group of young people aged 5-11. NOTE: Teachers may collate and submit work done at home by children during the school shutdown of the Summer Term 2020, or in the event of a further shutdown as a result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
(6) The name and county of the winning schools and the names of the judges will be available to anyone sending a stamped addressed envelope to YPTE, Yeovil Innovation Centre, Barracks Close, Copse Road, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8RN within 28 days of the published closing date.
(7) Total reserves the right to publish the school name, photographs and county of the winners or to publicise the prizegiving presentation after the presentation and before 31 December 2022.
(8) There is no limit to the number of entries each school can submit.
(9) All entrants to the competition will be deemed to have accepted the rules.
(10) The prize fund will be distributed in full, but Total and YPTE reserve the right to re-allocate Awards if no entry of appropriate standard is received for a category within a region.
(11) One Category Winner from each region will be declared Regional Champions.
(12) Materials from each of the Regional Champions' projects will feature in a virtual Awards Ceremony video, which will be made available online via a private link to each of the Champion schools.
(13) The UK Champions will be selected from the Regional Champions and will be announced via the online screening of the virtual Awards Ceremony.
(14) In the event that it is safe to do so, Total may take the decision to invite representative staff and children from Regional Champion schools to attend an Awards Ceremony, to be held in London in June 2021 in place of the virtual Awards Ceremony video.
(15) Total and YPTE reserve the right to allocate Highly Commended prizes regionally on merit.
(16) The decision of the judging panel is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.